ATTIVITA' > pages
Ph.D. SUMMER SCHOOL
DESIGN OF MECHANICAL COMPONENTS
USING ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
12-15 JUNE 2017
IUSS - Univ. Institute for Higher Sudies
AIAS - the Italian Scientific Society of Machine Design - organizes the 2017 PhD Summer School course for Ph.D. students and young researchers active in the field of mechanical design and with particular interest in experimental mechanics and stress analysis.
The course, valid for 5 CFU accaccreditation, will be held at University Institute for Higher Studies, IUSS - Ferrara, Italy.
Arriverderci in Ferrara!
AIAS Administrative office.
The AIAS summer school is held at IUSS - Ferrara 1392. IUSS - Ferrara 1391, is a structure that offers university courses at the undergraduate and graduate level with the highest qualification. It is a center of studies open to italian and international students with the following program:
- Doctoral courses that prepare graduates to work with elevated qualifications in research activity, both theoretical and applied, on an international level.
- Courses for high specialisation in professional areas, through Master's Degree Programs and Schools of Specialization, within the framework of European integration.
- Advanced supplemental courses, that integrate into the standard three-year undergraduate program. In view of internationalization that characterizes IUSS, the Institute will provide all italian students the tools to have a good knowledge of foreign languages and will give specific lessons for all the foreing students in order to learn the Italian language easily and correctly.
From January 2009 IUSS-Ferrara 1391 hosts the Giorgio Bassani Foundation with the aim of promoting the collection, protection, conservation, management and development of documents, as well as the promotion of studies and cultural activities regarding the multiform activities and various interests of the famous writer. Fundamental characteristics of IUSS - Ferrara 1391 are to make the most of talent using only the highest criteria for the selection of students, an international character based on the involvement of international scholars and students, the opportunity to reside in Ferrara with the creation of a Residential College that is a point of reference for the most deserving Italian and international students, besides being tools of cultural mixing. Each year IUSS-Ferrara 1391 invites as Copernicus Visiting Scientists Italian scholars resident abroad and international scholars to stay in Ferrara for at least two months, with the aim of achieving excellent teaching standards at an international level.
The Institute of Higher Studies is located in Ferrara, Via Scienze 41b.
The course is organized in a series of lectures given by experts from academia and industry on the design of mechanical components manufactured using additive technology. The course language is English. Numerical application examples may be also given. Participants are encouraged to bring and use their own laptop computers.
June 12, 2017
June 13, 2017
June 14, 2017
June 15, 2017
14:00. Registration/Course Opening.
meta-metarials - Prof. A. A. Zadpoor, Delft University of Technology
9:30-13:00. Materials and Technologies for additive manufacturing - Prof P. Bariani, Università di Padova
|9:00-12:00. Additive manufacturing in Turbomachinery - Prof. P. Citti |
Università Telematica "Guglielmo Marconi"/ Ing. E. Gonfiotti, GE Oil & Gas
12:15-13:30. Micro and macro modelling of additive manufacturing processes - Prof. F. Auricchio, Università di Pavia
14:00-18:00. Design and development of advanced metal parts using additive manufacturing - Prof G. Nicoletto, Università di Parma
14:00-18:00. Cold spray: from coating to additive manufacturing.Process, equipment and characterization. Prof M. Guagliano / Dr. Eng. S. Bagheirfard, Politecnico di Milano
|14:00-18:00. Tour of Laboratory for Precision and Micro Manufacturing and demonstration - Prof. P. Bariani, Università di Padova||14:15-16:30. Final test|
and Ph.D. project presentation -
Prof. L. Vergani, Politecnico di Milano
NOTE: The Laboratory is located in Rovigo which can be easily reached from Ferrara by train. The train ticket is not included in the fee.
Date: 12-15 June 2017Venue: IUSS - Ferrara 1391Via delle Scienze, n. 41/B - 44121 FerraraLocated in heart-of-town of Ferrara, 2km from the railway station Situata and 50km from the nearest Airport - Bologna Aeroporto.Course attendeesPh.D. students and young researchers.Internet connectionAccess to free WiFi is provided at course location.LanguageThe course official language is English.Time zoneUTC/GMT+1 hourCurrencyEuro (EUR)Climate and WeatherFerrara has a warm humid temperate climate with hot summers and no dry season. In June the average temperature is 25°C with a relative average humidity of 77%.Visa InformationMost European citizens do not require an entry visa for Italy. Please consult the Italian Embassy or Consulate nearest to you for specific details relating to visas.
|REGISTRATION FEE||BEFORE 31.03.2017||AFTER 1.04.2017|
To participate it is a requirement to be a member of AIAS. The registration fee includes:
- The possibility to attend all lectures.
- Lecture notes and material.
- Accommodation at a pre-booked hotel, only for for PhD students and young researchers registered before 31 March 2017 (half-board and accommodation in a single room in Cenacolo or half-board in a double room in Hotel). Additional logistic support will be provided according to the number of participants.
- AIAS membership for year 2016/2017 is:
- 20,00€ STUDENT (Ph.D. student, Assegnisti e Borsisti di Ricerca)
- 40,00€ OTHERS
NOTE: Attendees registered at AIAS2016 Conference held in Trieste are already AIAS member for the current year. To check the status of you own membership click here!
Registration is a two step procedure:
- STEP1 - Fee payment. Payment can be made on-line using credit card or by money transfer (in that case a proof of payment shall be provided when completing the registration)
- STEP2 - Registration. Fill the registration form providing required information, the order number received in STEP 1 and PDF of receipt for the money order payment.
Prof. D. Amodio – Marche Polytechnic University
Prof. F. Arcidiacono – University Marconi Roma
Prof. N. Bonora – University of Cassino
Prof. L. Bruno – University of Calabria
Prof. M. Frendo – University of Pisa
Prof. G. Mirone – University of Catania
Prof. A. Somà – Polytechnic of Turin
Prof. P. Livieri – University of Ferrara
Prof. G. Nicoletto – University of Parma
Prof. R. Tovo – University of Ferrara
Prof. L. Vergani – Politecnico di Milano
How to reach us
From any major city to Bologna Centrale, then take egional train Bologna-Ferrara.
Buses no. 1 and 9 run from the railway station to the corner of Corso Giovecca/Via Terranuova. Walk straight past Ariostea Library, continue up the road and you will find the offices on your left.
The nearest airport is in Bologna. A shuttle bus service runs from Bologna Airport to Ferrara.
The School location is in a limited traffic area. Please check local traffic limitation.
Foresteria Cenacolo (included in the fee, before 31.03.2017)
Suggested hotels (not included in the fee):